Let me make it clear. Knowing myself - my usual self - I can very much say that I am not so interested in some serious stuff people often engage themselves in. That is to say, politics and government.
Although I don’t want to post negative things in my blog as much as possible, I can’t help but share my disappointing realizations about the current campaign period and upcoming student council elections in our university, in hopes of making my voice heard by the people who need to hear and LISTEN to it. It is so disappointing because I myself, have experienced it.
- Reading screen shots of conversations of student council officers in their PRIVATE Facebook group, posted by an anonymous election-related Facebook fanpage (NOTE: How did it get out?)
- Reading Facebook notes of parties publicly accusing each other of who-did-what (Should you really be sharing this to us?)
- Reading posts of some advocates of these parties saying that this party is better than the other (although this is quite justifiable)
- Receiving a message in Facebook from an unknown person saying negative things, and even attaching a picture as proof, about a candidate for USC councilor
- Ironically, campaigns for clean elections are everywhere (I don’t know, but I could hear myself laughing sarcastically upon reading them)
- And it even gets sh*ttier.
In my 4 years of stay in the university, never had I heard or read or experienced such a messy and dirty campaign period as this. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING, KIDS? You’re too young to be playing the dirty games adults play! (or you shouldn’t be playing this at all.)
The ironic thing here is, these people are becoming the very same thing they are criticizing! I didn’t believe that people as young as I, can go as far as this just to secure a position, or get someone down the position! Still, we wonder why the government is such a mess!
It makes me think, if these candidates run independently (meaning no parties or whatsoever), will we have a cleaner campaign period and elections?
I’m still hopeful, still believing that the next elections won’t be as dirty as this one. Please work out on this, future USC and CSC officers.
Set aside your differences, stay clean, and serve the people just as you are trusted to do.